As soon as the pregnancy is over, a couple does not get puffed up, while the whole family starts chirping happily but sometimes due to physical problems some women suddenly become miscarried. This sudden Abortion procedures makes the woman more mentally weaker than physical. In such a situation, the woman should be helped to recover mentally in order to conceive again so that this shock is gradually removed from her mind.
What is an abortion
If the fetus dies in the womb before the 20th week of pregnancy, it is called abortion. It is also called as spontaneous abortion. A woman’s miscarriage depends on her pregnancy status. There are many types of these. The symptoms of each miscarriage may be different. Early pregnancy miscarriage can occur to many women. it’s common. One in five pregnant women miscarries before the 20th week of pregnancy.
Types of abortion
Missed Miscarriage –
In this, pregnancy ends by itself. During this time there is no bleeding nor any kind of symptoms. In some cases, the fetus remains in the womb even after the miscarriage and it is revealed when the fetus stops developing in the womb. It is detected by ultrasound.
Incomplete abortion –
In this, the woman has heavy bleeding and severe pain in the lower abdomen. Only part of the fetus is able to come out. This is why it is called incomplete abortion. Diagnosis is made by ultrasound.
Complete miscarriage –
Severe abdominal pain and heavy bleeding can be symptoms of complete miscarriage. In this, the fetus comes out completely from the uterus.
There is bleeding in it and the cervix opens, causing the fetus to come out. During this time, the woman has frequent stomach cramps.
Septic abortion –
Abortion occurs due to infection in the abdomen.
Signs and symptoms of abortion
The most common symptoms of miscarriage are abdominal cramps and vaginal bleeding. If some such symptoms appear during pregnancy, a doctor should be confused immediately.
Symptoms of pregnancy
Vaginal bleeding: Vaginal bleeding brown or dark red can be the most important symptom of miscarriage. During this, spotting, blood clots or excessive bleeding occurs.
Severe back pain: Back pain is common in pregnancy, but this pain can be unbearable at times. In this case, you should immediately contact a doctor as it may be a sign of miscarriage.
Lower abdominal cramps: Lower abdominal pain is one of the symptoms of miscarriage. This can be a matter of concern as this pain can be as intense or even more intense as the pain during the period of menstruation. Apart from this, there are many times that the symptoms of miscarriage are not felt and the pregnant goes to the doctor for regular checkup, then it is known that the miscarriage has occurred.
Due to miscarriage
Immunity or blood clotting problem.
Problems like thyroid or diabetes.
Any problem in the womb or uterus.
Smoke too much
Specific reasons for miscarriage
Chromosome abnormality: One reason for miscarriage is also abnormal chromosome. Small small structures present in a person’s body are called chromosomes. These structures carry and carry genes. In any case, when the sperm of a male meets the eggs, there is an error in one of the eggs or sperm, which makes the abnormal combination of a chromosome in the fetus and miscarriage may occur.
Uterine abnormalities and incompetent cervix: When the size of the woman’s uterus and uterine parturition are abnormal, a miscarriage may occur because the fetus cannot be implanted in the uterus. In this, the inner part of the uterus is divided by the muscle or wall of the fibr.
Immunology disorder: Sometimes an immunology disorder can cause a fetus to be implanted in the uterus, causing miscarriage. Immunology disorders can cause problems such as asthma, allergies, autoinflammatory syndrome.
PCOS; Women with polycystic ovary syndrome have an increased risk of miscarriage in women with PCOS . In this situation, the balance of progesterone and estrogen hormones deteriorates due to which eggs do not develop for conception.
Repeated scripted, cause of miscarriage
For women who have frequent miscarriages, chromosomes may be an important reason behind them. Here we are giving some other reasons that can lead to repeated miscarriages, trying to conceive at an older age. Women who try to conceive at the age of 35 years may have repeated miscarriages.
Excessive running or traveling too much: Excessive running during pregnancy or traveling in the first and third trimesters can lead to miscarriage.
Abdominal pressure or injury: If a woman’s abdomen is hurt or pressured during pregnancy, miscarriage can also occur.
It is common for women to have vaginal infections. In such a case, repeated vaginal infections can cause miscarriage.
Natural ways to prevent miscarriage
Take folic acid and prenatal vitamins. To avoid the risk of miscarriage, you are advised to take folic acid and other vitamins before pregnancy and during pregnancy. Doctors recommend taking 400 to 800 mg of folic acid daily.
Regular immunization increases the risk of miscarriage due to some chronic diseases. In such a situation, you can avoid this problem by getting the necessary vaccines.
Exercise regularly: Light exercise can be beneficial during pregnancy. During this, stretching and doing yoga etc. can reduce the risk of miscarriage. Before doing this, take the advice of your doctor and do it under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
Diagnosis and treatment of abortion
If a miscarriage is diagnosed at the right time, then problems like infection can be avoided. If this is not done, the woman may be in danger.
The doctor will examine the spread of the cervix.
Ultrasound: During ultrasound, a doctor will check the fetal heartbeat to find out if the fetus is developing normally.
During this time, the doctor can take a sample of your blood and compare the level of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) with the previous level. If it is changed it can be a sign of problem. Apart from this, you can also check for anemia.
If the tissue has started coming out of the cervix, the doctor can examine them to find out the abortion.
If you have already had an abortion, your doctor can do a blood test for you and your husband to find out chromosome related problems.
What are the types of abortion procedure/process?
Following are the types of abortion procedure:
- Early non-surgical abortion (therapy): 2–10 weeks of pregnancy.
- Vacuum aspiration: 2–12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Dialysis and evacuation: 13–21 / 22 weeks of pregnancy.
- Induction Abortion: Time 13-21 / 22 Weeks Pregnancy
- Labor induction: 22 to 29 weeks of pregnancy.
- Hysterotomy (similar to C-section): 22 to 38 weeks of pregnancy.
How is an abortion done?
Here is the process of abortion and how it is done:
- Early non-surgical abortion:This miscarriage is done at 2–10 weeks of pregnancy and is based on the medical procedure. In this process, the drug is prescribed to stop the pregnancy process. Consumption of this medicine can cause cramps, bleeding or pelvic pain, clotting problems and often women pass the unborn baby within a few hours.
- Vacuum aspiration:This abortion is done in 2–12 weeks of pregnancy. A local anesthetic is injected near this or into the cervix, which helps to pull the tube over the cervix. Subsequently, the unborn child and placenta are ejected through the tube. Although this process is completed here, the walls of the uterus are sometimes scraped after this procedure to ensure that the unborn baby and the placenta are removed.
- Dilation and evolution:This procedure is done at 13-21 / 22 weeks of pregnancy. It contains sponge-like material placed in the woman’s cervix, which helps to open the cervix slowly. He is given medication to cure pain and prevent infection. The mother and child are given general anesthesia. After which, with the help of suction curettage, the unborn child and placenta are forcefully removed from the womb. It is necessary to disintegrate the child on time.
- Induction Abortion:This is done at 13-21 / 22 weeks of pregnancy. During this procedure, you may need to go to the hospital and the mother is given medicines to end the pregnancy and thus the delivery starts which usually starts in 2-4 hours. In this procedure, the placenta cannot be completely removed during delivery and the cervix is kept open to the doctor to treat suction.
- Labor induction:This is done at 22–29 weeks of pregnancy. During this procedure, you may need to go to the hospital and the mother is given medicines to end the pregnancy and thus the delivery starts which usually starts in 2-4 hours. In this process, the placenta cannot be completely removed during delivery and the cervix is kept open to treat. But in this miscarriage, it is possible that the child will be alive and if this happens the child will be taken care of by doctors.
- Hysterotomy (similar to C-section):It is performed at 22–38 weeks of pregnancy and requires a clinical setting. Mostly this is done when there is no possibility or labor induction or it has failed. In this process, the unborn child is removed by cutting the abdomen and uterus, and the unborn child is killed after removal.
How long can you get an abortion?
The time of miscarriage is mostly up to the first 3 months of pregnancy and is the safest time. In uncommon cases, abortions are performed in the second trimester which occurs in 4–6 months of pregnancy. Abortion is rarely done in the third trimester because it is not safe and is done only for reasons such as emergency or life threatening. Therefore one should opt for the earlier alternatives as it is safer and cheaper.
How to do safe abortion?
The first trimester, which is the first 3 months, is the safest time to get a safe abortion because at this time the drugs can be used to have an abortion and these drugs usually do not have side effects. Vacuum aspiration procedures can also be used that are also safe. After the first trimester, safe abortions are difficult to obtain and should not be performed unless there is an emergency.
Are there any side effects?
While both medical and surgical abortion procedures are quite safe, every procedure and treatment involves some risk. Risks of miscarriage include:
- Development of infection in the womb.
- Excessive bleeding may occur after termination
- The cervix may be damaged
- The womb may be damaged
If it is done as soon as possible then abortion is safest. In case of any complications, a doctor should be consulted immediately and relevant treatment should be opted for. Choosing an abortion does not reduce the possibility of future pregnancies.
Precautions After Abortion
After an abortion, a woman needs to be taken care of and well. More care is required if the woman is not fully recovered physically. Here we are telling you what precautions need to be taken after abortion.
- Take special care of food and drink. Avoid eating raw meat and soft cheese.
- Don’t think about starting a second pregnancy until your two menstrual cycles are complete after the abortion.
- After miscarriage one should exercise regularly and keep his weight under the advice of the doctor.
- If you are experiencing fever after miscarriage, contact a doctor. Do not ignore fever at all, as it may be a sign of infection after miscarriage.
- Avoid having physical relations for some time after miscarriage.
- Do not smoke and consume caffeine.
After taking precautions let us look at some myths and facts about abortion.
Some Facts And Myths About Abortion
There are many myths about abortion, which have no scientific evidence. Below we are going to tell about some myths and facts related to abortion:
- Many people believe that one cannot be pregnant again after abortion, which is completely wrong. With proper care after miscarriage, a woman can become pregnant again and give birth to a healthy baby.
- Many people believe that miscarriage is a vaginal discharge during pregnancy, but it is not. Mild spotting is common in pregnancy. This problem is common especially in the first three months .
- Some people believe that sexual intercourse during pregnancy can lead to miscarriage, but it is not. Abortion and sexual intercourse have nothing to do with each other. In the womb, the baby is completely safe in the amniotic shield, so there is no risk of miscarriage by having sex. Only you need to pay attention to the sex position .
These were some myths that people believe in, which is completely wrong. Let’s look at some questions related to pregnancy.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Can stress cause miscarriage?
There is no scientific evidence as yet that stress can lead to miscarriage . However, stress during pregnancy definitely affects the growth of the unborn child.
When can I start trying to get pregnant after an abortion?
There is no set time to become pregnant again after an abortion. When the doctors tell you that you are now physically ready for a second pregnancy, you can plan a second pregnancy. In addition, some people may take time to recover from an abortion. It is up to you how long you can overcome it.
We hope you have found the answers to the important questions related to abortion. If you still need answers to any other questions related to this, ask us in the comment box below and share this information with more and more pregnant women.
Government latest stand on Abortion
The proposal related to this was approved in the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The ‘Medical Termination of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill, 2020’ will be introduced in the upcoming budget session.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar told after the meeting that there was a demand from women to extend the period of abortion. Apart from this, doctors were also recommending it and the court also requested in this regard.
Javadekar said that eight percent of women are believed to die due to unsafe abortion.
PIB press release
According to PIB press release , these deadlines have been extended to specific types of women, which will be defined through amendments to the MTP rules and include rape victims, sexual contact with relatives and other unsafe women (women with disabilities , Minor) will also be included.
According to doctors, a level two scan is done to detect anomaly in the child, the best time is 18 to 22 weeks. This is done to detect congenital disease.
“It also puts financial, mental and physical pressure on the child’s parents. No one wants the child to be born unhealthy.”
The bill will provide abortion for 24 weeks on the advice of two doctors. Since 2014, the government was holding talks with different parties on this matter.
The case started with the Bombay High Court, when three women filed a petition demanding permission to have an abortion even after 20 weeks.
After this, the Madras High Court, taking automatic cognizance on the basis of a news report, asked the Government of India to amend the Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP) Act, 1971.
The court had asked the Government of India how long it would take to amend the abortion deadline from 20 weeks to 24 weeks. On this, the Government of India was asked to reply by June.
The Madras High Court said in its order that about 27 million children are born every year, out of which 17 lakh children are born with congenital anomalies. Doctors say that in case of late arrival in rural areas, it is not possible to have an abortion in 20 weeks.
But the possibility of the baby being born alive
The biggest challenge to have an abortion in 24 weeks is that the baby can come out alive. In this case, the issue of his treatment and responsibility for raising him remains as long as he remains alive.
According to Dr. Manju Khemani, “Abortions are delivered in 20 or 24 weeks, both. Because the child is older, it cannot be brought out in any other way. But in 20 weeks the baby would have been born dead. And can survive even in 24 weeks. Who will take the responsibility of that child? “
Such a situation has also been mentioned in the Bombay High Court order. The court has said, “If the abortion is done under legal purview and the child comes out alive then the state and its agencies will have to take responsibility for the child if the parents do not take responsibility.”
However, doctor Renu Malik says that abortion is safe for 24 weeks. “There may be problems after this. Even if a 24-week-old baby is alive and breathes initially, he cannot survive for long.”
What is the cost of treatment in India?
In India, abortions can range from Rs 5000 to Rs 30,000, depending on the procedure.
If you like this post please share it to Facebook and like our Facebook page.
- Rummy Circle app Or online rummy platform, how to play
- Nanaji Deshmukh Biography, honored Bharat Ratna, some unknown facts
- Valerian dosage for anxiety and sleep problems, dosages
- Boost your immunity, baby immune, Beneficial food for your body