To take advantage of the benefits of bay leaves for our health, it is important that they are dry, since fresh can become toxic.
The laurel is a type of plant that is used to flavor dishes . The aroma of bay leaves is very pleasant, making it an excellent companion to many meals.
However, bay leaf also have very beneficial properties for our health . Today we will discover some of them that will make this plant essential in our diet.
Magical Properties of bay leaves
Bay leaves, as we mentioned, have many properties. Today we will discover 7 of them. We recommend that you do not miss the recipe that we have prepared for you at the end. You will give it a lot of utility as bay leaf uses.
1. Reduce anxiety
According to this study , bay leaves would help reduce anxiety thanks to the chemical compound in the smoke that is produced when burning them. This ends up having a calming effect on both the body and the mind.
However, we do not recommend it, much less, without first consulting a doctor. Be careful because inhaling this smoke regularly can lead to hallucinations.
2. Reduce inflammation and promote muscle relaxation
Bay leaves contain eugenol . This compound can act as an anti-inflammatory remedy so if we suffer from any type of inflammation it will be a very effective natural remedy.
Thus, thanks to the use of bay leaf. You can reduce inflammation throughout your body , especially in the joints.
As it has a vasoconstrictor action, it helps regulate blood circulation and relaxes nerve impulses . It is ideal if we suffer from migraines or headaches. It can even relieve neck or shoulder pain.
We can use it as an oil to massage the temples or the area that we need. In addition, it plays an important role as a neuroprotector.
3. They strengthen the immune system
For the body to function properly it needs both vitamins and minerals . The eugenol contained in laurel also acts as an antioxidant and strengthens the immune system.
Thus, bay leaves, whether they are burned or whole, can be added to dishes . This is also recommended in case you have a cold.
4. Good for fighting diabetes
According to data from research carried out in the United States, the consumption of 1 to 3 grams of bay leaves per day could alleviate some symptoms that often appear among people with type II diabetes.
5. They facilitate the proper functioning of the respiratory system
Bay leaves are a good medicine to open your airways . If you suffer from asthma or have problems with allergies, it will be of great help.
To do this, you would have to breathe in the vapors of the oil from the bay leaves. Of course, we do not recommend, as we told you before, that you carry out this remedy : remember that inhaling laurel can bring complications.
6. Good for the skin
Bay leaf oil is very suitable for skin care . It is an oil that is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants , so you can give your dermis the care it deserves.
Plus, it has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits . It is also perfect for treating skin rashes.
7. Do they help lower fever?
It is believed that, if you have a cold, mist with bay oil would be a good solution, or that you could also choose to apply poultices moistened with this oil on the chest. However, there are no scientific studies that support its supposed valid use to help lower fever.
Bay leaves oil recipe
Now already got to know some of the properties of bay leaves, we are going to share with you a recipe to make bay leaf oil . In cases where you want to strengthen the immune system, you can take it as an infusion.
- 1 teaspoon of bay leaves (5 g)
- 1 cup of sweet almond oil (which have a great healing power ) (200 g)
- 1 glass jar with a capacity of 200 ml
- The first thing you will have to do is wash the glass jar well.
- Then you will have to introduce the bay leaves, making sure that they are all well cleaned.
- Once you have the bay leaves inside, add the sweet almond oil .
- Close hermetically and let it macerate for 40 days .
We hope that bay leaves will be of great help to relieve migraines, poor circulation in the legs or inflammation problems . Use them as an infusion or as an oil. Your benefits will not be long in coming.
Request- How did you like all information above on “7 Medicinal properties of Bay leaves that you did not know“ Please comment us and tell your friends about our site.
@ LIKE our Facebook page. Please see more post below:
- How to put my business on google map, key to success
- Seaweeds are important source of 4 Surprising element
- 4 Symptoms of dengue in infants, dangerous if not determined
- Google page ranking : New website 3 ranking update for extreme success
- Manya Surve: The 70’s Ruthless Mafia of Mumbai underworld
- 6 natural home remedies for Toothache; 7 common causes
- Ammonium Nitrate Or NH4NO3, Reason of Beirut Massive Blast
- 20 Super Powerful natural Foods to cure Premature ejaculation
- Shingles and Pregnancy : Shingles causes, symptom, treatment