Advantages and Disadvantages of Basil: Benefits of Holy Basil – On hearing the name of Tulsi, we remember the holy plant. It is a plant that grows in almost every household in India. In India, it is considered auspicious to install it in your home. Apart from religious beliefs, there is a scientific reason also, basil is very beneficial for health. It is said that due to basil in the courtyard of the house, disease patients are not able to enter the house. Every Hindu woman worships Tulsi in the morning. Tulsi is also seen as a medicine for many ages. Everything from its leaves to its stem gives some benefit.
Basil Information – Advantages and Disadvantages of Basil
Hindus in India consider Tulsi as a goddess and worship them. Tulsi Vivah is a very famous festival, which is celebrated after Diwali in Dev Uthani Ekadashi i.e. Gyaras. Hindus do offer Tulsi with offerings to God. Tulsi is also used in many medicines. We can easily get rid of many diseases by using it at home too.
A description of the qualities and usefulness of Tulsi is also found in the Vedas of Indian culture. Apart from this, basil is also used in some form in allopathy, homeopathy and Unani medicines. Kali Tulsi is considered superior in terms of quality, religion, but most scholars say that both are equal in qualities. With its use, severe problems such as diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease, vaginal health and cancer are diagnosed.
Tulsi plant is a perennial plant rich in Ayurvedic properties. About 35 species of Tulsi have been identified so far based on color, size, properties and utility. Tulsi is also known as sweet basil. Tulsi belongs to the family Lamikeus whose plant is 20 to 50 cm tall. It is a straight-growing shrub-like plant with a group of leaves that are ovate.
Its leaves are green but some species also have light purple leaves. It has small flowers with seeds that look like chia seeds. Tulsi seeds also have medicinal properties which are very useful for promoting our health. Its scientific name is ‘Ossimum Sanctum’.
Uses and benefits of Tulsi – Health benefits of Basil – Tulsi ke Fayde – Advantages and Disadvantages of Basil
1. In the treatment of TB: – Tulsi asthma is very beneficial in TB. Asthma, with regular intake of Tulsi, does not cause TB, because the factors responsible for the disease prevent the bacteria from growing. In Charak Samhita, Tulsi has been described as a medicine for asthma.
2. For diabetes: – Tulsi extracts the element that makes and maintains insulin in the body. Basil reduces blood sugar, which keeps diabetes under control.
3. Relieve stress: – According to a research, basil removes stress-enhancing hormones in the body. It is also called anti stress agent. Basil helps all our cells to function normally, circulates blood properly. Doctors also recommend eating basil in case of high stress. Chew 10-12 Tulsi 2 times a day on stress, the stress will be reduced to a great extent.
4. Eliminate the problem of stones: – If there is stone in the kidney, basil gets rid of that problem. Kidney stones are mainly caused by increased uric acid in the blood. Basil is capable of reducing this uric acid. The oil present in Tulsi destroys this stone and Tulsi is also a kind of pain reliever, so it also gives relief from pain in kidney stone.
5. Increase immunity: – Effective treatment of many lifestyle diseases is hidden in basil leaves. It is said in Ayurveda that by chewing a few leaves of Tulsi daily, the body’s immunity increases.
6. Enhances facial complexion: According to Ayurveda, applying tulsi oil on the face regularly cleanses the face and brings great glow to the face.
7. Relief from throat discomfort: – If there is any problem in your throat, then the juice of basil leaves should be mixed with lukewarm water and rinse. It gives relief to a large extent from diseases of the throat.
8. Beneficial in cough and asthma: – Mix the juice of basil leaves, dry ginger, onion juice and honey and prepare a mixture. Licking this mixture provides a great relief from dry cough and asthma.
9. For problems related to ear and nose: – In problems like ear pain or runny ear, pouring basil juice lightly in the ear and giving it to the ear will help in pain. Also, in the case of nose problems or boils, adding lukewarm juice will be beneficial.
10. For hair: – Any type of problem in hair, such as hair fall, becoming white, mixing this juice in oil is beneficial. At the same time, if you have lice and worms, apply a few drops of juice mixed with lemon juice and wash it after a few hours. This will greatly benefit.
11. In weight loss: – Basil is also very useful for weight loss. Obesity will be reduced by its regular intake, as well as reducing cholesterol and prevents blood clotting. This also reduces the chances of heart attack.
12. High fever: – In case of high fever, boil basil leaves with cardamom powder in a cup of water and make a decoction and drink it several times a day. The juice of basil leaves reduces high fever.
13. In the treatment of sexual diseases: – The use of Tulsi seeds is very beneficial in men due to physical weakness. Apart from this, regular use of its seeds is beneficial in sexual debility and impotence.
14. In the problem of irregular periods: – Women often complain of irregularities in periods. In this case, using basil seeds is beneficial. To remove irregularity of the menstrual cycle, regular cycle of basil leaves can be regularized.
15. For cold: – If a person has a cold or mild fever, cooked sugar candy, black pepper and basil leaves well in water and drinking its decoction is beneficial. If you want, you can make tablets and eat them.
Loss of Basil – Basil Side Effects
1. It has been found that excessive intake of basil leads to a high amount of eugenol, which causes great harm. It is found in many harmful things like cigarettes etc. This causes problems like blood during cough, rapid breath and blood in urine.
2. Basil dilutes the blood, so it should not be taken with any other medicine.
If you like this post please share it to Facebook and like our Facebook page.