Christmas party in Philippines celebrations have turned into weeds. At least 11 people have died and more than 300 people have become seriously ill after drinking coconut wine, a favorite of people served specifically for the festival. Health officials said that the sick people have been admitted to the local hospital and are undergoing treatment. Providing this information on Monday, local officials said that the incident took place in two provinces, Laguna and Quezon, south of Manila.
He told that all people consumed Lambanog, which is a popular drink in these provinces. This drink is widely consumed during holidays and celebrations. Many people were admitted to hospitals at Rizal in Laguna on the insistence of Mayor Winer Munoz. Between Thursday and Sunday, many people died due to the popular Coconut wine drink.
The condition of two people became very serious and after treatment their health is improving now. He said that the cocoanut wine Lambanog had caused this tragic event was made in his city. According to the Health Department, blood samples of the remaining Lambanog and patients have been taken and sent to him for examination. has gone.
Some people bought coconut wine for the holidays and some for a birthday party, while others received the drink from local authorities for a Christmas party. Production and sale of Lambanog without any control is common in the Philippines. It is often illegally mixed with dangerous additives.
The country’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had previously warned about the prohibited and dangerous use of methanol in this home-made liquor.
If you like this post please share it to Facebook and like our Facebook page.