Dhoni did not promote BJP
- What viral: It is being claimed on social media that MS Dhoni did not campaign for BJP in Jharkhand assembly elections, so he was excluded from BCCI contract
- What is true: According to the BCCI contract, a player must play at least 3 T20s in a season to join the central contract, but Dhoni has not played since the World Cup.
Former Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been dropped from the BCCI’s central contract. Since then, it has been claimed on social media that the BJP had approached Dhoni for campaigning in the Jharkhand assembly elections, but Dhoni refused to do so. Only after that he was thrown out of the central contract at the behest of Jai Shah, son of BCCI secretary and home minister Amit Shah. But the truth is that in BCCI’s central contract, the same player is given the place, who has played at least 3 T20 matches in the season, but Dhoni has been away from the field since the semi-finals of the World Cup.
What is the whole matter?
Dhoni is not getting a place in the contract, claiming that the BJP had approached him for campaigning in the Jharkhand assembly elections, but he refused, so he was denied a place this time. Some people are also claiming that the BJP wanted Dhoni to contest the assembly elections as well, but Dhoni refused.
- This time 27 players have been included in the BCCI Central Contract. Among them, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Jaspreet Bumrah are in A + grade. While 11 players have been placed in A grade, 5 in B grade and 8 in C grade. This time Dhoni is not in this contract list. The last time he was in A grade.
- According to BCCI sources, the board had already given information about Dhoni being kept out of the contract list. He was made clear that he has not played any matches since September 2019.
- A player has to play at least 3 T20 matches in the scheduled season to join the central contract of the board, while Dhoni has not played in any international matches since the semi-finals played at the World Cup on 9 July 2019.
Did BJP leaders approach Dhoni?
- During the Lok Sabha election campaign, former BJP president Amit Shah also met Mahendra Singh Dhoni as part of the ‘Contact for Support’ campaign. After this, rumors of Dhoni contesting the Lok Sabha elections had also cropped up. However, in October 2018 , a close friend of Dhoni called it a rumor and said that Dhoni will contest from any party and will play cricket for at least two more years.
- After this, in July 2019, BJP leader Sanjay Paswan claimed that there has been a long talk about Dhoni being included in the party. However, he also said that Dhoni will come to the party only after he retires. After BJP president JP Nadda also Asked Dhoni at a press conference said was that if you want to come in Dhoni party, it is welcome.
If you like this post, please share it to Facebook and like our Facebook page.