How to format a mobile: In recent years, technology has acquired a fundamental role in our lives, so that for most of the population it would be practically impossible to develop their daily activities without resorting to the use of devices and applications. For this reason, when we cannot use these devices freely due to some functional problem, we find it difficult to work properly.
There are several solutions to end the problems of operation of our electronic devices. A large number of people choose to turn to a technology professional or even to acquire a new device, but there are times when both options are very inexpensive and practical, since often we ourselves could fix the problem permanently. Mobile phones, for example, tend to have an easy arrangement through a format that we can do ourselves. You wonder how to format a mobile ?
Before formatting your mobile
It is likely that you have never had to format a mobile, we tell you some precautions and measures you should take to avoid damaging your device.
Before you start, do you know what exactly formatting a mobile means ? Formatting a mobile device means returning it to the state it was in when you first turned it on. All notes, images, videos, etc. that you save on your mobile will be deleted with the process, so it is important that you have a backup of all the information you want to save. Normally, formatting can be done for two reasons:
- Problems with the operation of the device: every time you have more problems with your mobile and all you have left is to buy a new one. Before going to any store and spending a lot of money, we advise you to format the device.
- Sale of the device: if you have decided to buy a new mobile and the one you currently have works perfectly, you can try to sell it. So that the new buyer does not have access to any type of personal information, it is essential that you delete all the data with a format.
Regardless of the reason you want to format your mobile, we insist on the importance of making a backup on your computer to save all the information and multimedia content of your device.
Another fundamental point to consider before formatting your mobile is to know your operating system well, since an Android is not formatted in the same way as an iOS.
How to format a mobile with Android system
Do you want to know how to format an Andoid mobile ? you just have to follow these steps:
- Within the main menu of your device, access the ‘Settings’ option.
- In this option, you will find different sections, but you must select ‘General Administration’ or ‘Personal’, depending on the terminal.
- Access this option, select ‘Reset’ and then ‘Reset factory settings’. As the indicator itself explains, this option is to return the mobile to the factory default settings, so that all the data, files, documents and applications that you have added over time will be deleted.
- When you select this option, you will be asked for confirmation to proceed with the formatting. You just have to accept.
How to format a mobile with iOS system
If your device has an iOS operating system , you will need to use a computer or laptop, since formatting is done from the iTunes program. Do you know how to format a mobile from the computer ? We teach you step by step:
- First, you must deactivate the ‘Search my iPhone’ option. To do this, go to the general menu and select ‘Settings’.
- Within this menu, search for iCloud, where you will find the option ‘Search my iPhone’. When you deactivate this option, it will ask for your password in order to finish the deactivation.
- When you have completed this step, using a USB cable connect your mobile to a laptop and open iTunes.
- Once your device is connected, you can access its card in the program, where you will find the option to ‘Restore’. Select this option and, automatically, iTunes will format the mobile and download the latest version of the iOS operating system for your device. When you turn on your mobile again, it will be the same as when it left the factory.
If you like this post please share it to Facebook and like our Facebook page.