Polish your wooden floors: There are several products of natural origin that allow us to polish wood floors. In fact, because of their properties, they help preserve the material better. Don’t stop trying them!
Are you looking for homemade methods to polish your wooden floors? You should know that at home you have some very effective options, such as vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice or dishwashing detergent.
Discover in this article 4 methods that will simplify this task. We give you the recipes and also some important tips so that the wood is perfect and lasts a long time in good condition. Keep reading!
4 methods to polish your wooden floors
The wooden floors give a warm, rustic and cozy look to any room in our home . Although they require specific care, they also promise a long preservation if we treat them properly.
With the right advice we will keep the wooden floors looking ideal. We will only have to polish them with the specific products mentioned below, which are also mostly natural and homemade. In addition, in this way we do not unnecessarily expose ourselves to components that could be toxic when inhaled.
1. Vinegar and essential oil
First, vinegar is a natural and homemade ingredient very common in household cleaning. In addition, we choose to combine it with some essential oil to camouflage its smell and, at the same time, flavor the room in a simple and pleasant way.
- ¹⁄3 cup of vinegar (83 ml)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 15 drops of essential oil: lemon, orange, mint, eucalyptus, lavender, etc.
2. Olive oil and vinegar
The second method we propose is the combination of two basic ingredients in our kitchen: olive oil and vinegar. If we wish, we can also add essential oils to our liking to give a special aroma.
The mixture of oil and vinegar is ideal for deep cleaning and, at the same time, bring a lot of shine to the floor. However, if the manufacturer recommends dispensing with water for this type of wood, we will use only the first two ingredients. We can shake them well in a spray bottle.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (20 ml)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
3. Olive oil and lemon juice
In this third method to polish your wooden floors naturally we choose to replace vinegar with lemon juice . This citrus fruit is characterized by its great antiseptic power, its fresh aroma and its ability to shine thanks to its enzymes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (30 ml)
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml)
4. Detergent and vinegar
Finally, a practical and homemade method, although less natural than the previous ones, consists in mixing the detergent we use to wash the dishes with vinegar. We will use this option on wooden floors that are not very delicate and that have a lot of dirt.
- ½ cup vinegar (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of detergent (15 ml)
- 2 cups of water
Tips to polish your wooden floors
Finally, once we have decided on the floor cleaning method, we will take into account the following indications:
- Before polishing the wooden floor we must clean it completely. We can sweep it with a broom or, if there is dust or fine particles, we can also use the vacuum cleaner .
- If we notice that the wood is too slippery due to an excess of oil, we can pass a dry cloth.
- It is essential that, after polishing the floor, wait for it to dry completely before stepping on it. We can find a way to block the passage to avoid clipping, especially if there are children or pets in the house.
- If at any time some liquid is spilled, we must clean it immediately to avoid damaging the wood permanently.
- When adding essential oils we must ensure that they are pure and of high quality. We must avoid acquiring synthetic essences that are marketed only to aromatize, and that could damage the wood .
Now we know 4 methods to polish the floors at home and last a long time in good condition. In addition, these last tips will help you to make the cleaning more effective and the result much brighter. Try them and you will see the results from the first moment!
If you like this post please share it to Facebook and like our Facebook page.